The GNU Radio Conference is a growing event that delivers valuable content on the subject of software-defined radio (SDR); 2014 is its 4th iteration. GNU Radio Conference 2014 (GRCon14) will be held September 15-19, 2014 in the Washington, DC (USA) area and is expected to draw 120-150 attendees with a wide range of backgrounds. Whether you would like to showcase your latest work with GNU Radio, learn the basics of SDR, help contribute to the growth if this successful and expanding community, or just keep up on the latest in the world of SDR, this is the right conference for you.
Check-in for the New Users Conference Day will open at 8 AM on Monday.
Check-in for the Developers Conference will open at 8 AM on Tuesday.
Dates, Location, Attendance
- Conference Agenda
- New Users Conference Day: Sep 15, 2014
- Developers Conference Dates: Sep 16, 2014 – Sep 18, 2014
- Hackfest Date: Sep 19, 2014
- Location: District Architecture Center, 421 7th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20004
- Attendees: Up to 150
- Time: 9 AM to 5:30 PM (US/Eastern)
Reception and Social Events:
We have plans for two social events for conference attendees:
7 PM Monday Night -
Sponsored by the
Hume Center at Virginia Tech
City Tap House
901 I Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20001
7 PM Tuesday Night - Conference Reception
Food and Drinks
Old Ebbitt Grill
675 15th St Northwest
Washington, DC 20005
- Main Conference Track - Packed with valuable content and insight gained from GNU Radio users: research projects, open source projects, tutorials, and more. Here is the GNU Radio Conference 2014 Agenda.
- Daily Working Groups - Join one of our working groups and make critical contributions to the future of GNU Radio and wireless technology. Whether you're an expert in DSP, GPU programming, C++, or even web design, or just interested in the future of GNU Radio, this is a great chance to make a difference in our community.
- Always-Open Wireless Hacker Space - A space dedicated to on-going progress and coding for GNU Radio. Hack on your latest SDR applications between sessions. Mingle with fellow developers and share ideas. Maximize productivity.
- Lounge - A place to unwind a bit while you socialize with people who share your interest, passion, and expertise in wireless communications. A great place to network, make connections and new friends, and renew old friendships.
- A Full-Day Hackfest - One full day to dedicate to development in GNU Radio.
- New Developers Day - A full day dedicated to new users. Learn how GNU Radio has helped countless developers accelerate their projects, gain experience from hands-on tutorials, and take away knowledge you can share with your colleagues, teammates, and friends.
- Social Events and Tourism - As usual, we will throw a party the first night of the conference (location TBD). With close proximity to public transportation and a number of landmarks (Whitehouse, National Mall), this is sure to be a fun and memorable trip.
- Monday night Social Event
- Tuesday night Conference Reception
The conference is sold out. Please visit this page to add yourself to the waiting list.
The GNU Radio Conference is dedicated to a discrimination-free Conference experience for everyone associated with our Conference. Our full anti-discrimination policy can be found at: www.trondeau.com/grcon14-full-anti-discrim